Search this blog
- Here’s the test: Can you create 5 strategies and 5 tactics to achieve your goal?
- Think like a general! Create strategies and tactics now.
- Please map your goal and USE that map!
- How to use metrics and a dashboard
- Have you set your life and business goals?
- Could you be the next Ford, Jobs or Musk?
- Here are ten vision tests for your success
- Vision for your future success is EVERYTHING!
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Funny how good messages come back in new forms after years of languishing out in the ether. Dr. Laurence J. Peter in The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong, wrote in the early 1960’s of the “lateral arabesque”, describing … Continue reading
Reduce the emotion; reduce the threat of lawsuit. You’ve certainly experienced the angry outburst from an associate or employee who has just learned of an event that the person took as “unfair”, no matter how rational the explanation by the … Continue reading
It can take 18 months from initial concern about a critical employee to getting a replacement up to speed. This insight is not mine, although I have experienced it several times with key employees since becoming sensitive to the concept. … Continue reading
How many of us have “hired” independent contractors over the years, a bit worried over the gray area between employee and contractor as defined by the IRS? I’ve experienced the results of a wrong decision, and the IRS and state … Continue reading
Almost all laws dealing with employment are designed to protect the employee, not the company. Minimum wage laws, workplace safety, independent contractor tests, minimum hours required for benefits, worker compensation insurance requirements and more are examples of such laws. Notice … Continue reading